BPMN 2.0 Ultimate Reference
This page is the landing page for all BPMN 2.0 articles and links.
The BPMN 2.0 Ultimate Reference contains information about the different types of BPMN diagrams together with the set of elements used during the modelling process. This also serves as a reference to understand the different bpmn elements, types and guidelines on each of the elements.
What is BPMN?
“Business Process Model and Notation has become the de-facto standard for business processes diagrams. It is intended to be used directly by the stakeholders who design, manage and realize business processes, but at the same time be precise enough to allow BPMN diagrams to be translated into software process components. BPMN has an easy-to-use flowchart-like notation that is independent of any particular implementation environment.” ~ BPMN Specification
The fundamentals of BPMN 2.0 is all about the different types of diagrams and the set of elements used during the process modelling.
Originally developed by the Business Process Management Initiative (BPMI), BPMN has been maintained by the Object Management Group (OMG) since the two organizations merged in 2005. Version 2.0 of BPMN was released in January 2011. Business Process Model and Notation has become the de-facto standard for business processes diagrams.
- BPMN 2.0.2 Specification: https://www.omg.org/spec/BPMN/2.0.2/
- BPMN 1.2 Specification: https://www.omg.org/spec/BPMN/1.2/
- BPMN 1.1 Specification: https://www.omg.org/spec/BPMN/1.1/
- BPMN 1.0 Specification: https://www.omg.org/spec/BPMN/1.0/
What is DMN?
“The purpose of DMN is to provide the constructs that are needed to model decisions, so that organizational decision- making can be readily depicted in diagrams, accurately defined by business analysts, and (optionally) automated.” ~ DMN Specification
There are a number of versions of the DMN specification:
- DMN 1.3 Specification: https://www.omg.org/spec/DMN/1.3/
- DMN 1.2 Specification: https://www.omg.org/spec/DMN/1.2/
- DMN 1.1 Specification: https://www.omg.org/spec/DMN/1.1/
- DMN 1.0 Specification: https://www.omg.org/spec/DMN/1.0/